Tiaga Simran Academy follows the spiritual philosophy of Yogi Bhajan.
brought Kundalini Yoga to the West in 1968. He taught over 8,000 classes and inspired thousands of people to keep up and live in their excellence.
He is still alive in his teachings and his guidance is available to anyone who tunes into his subtle presence. He has left a legacy of hope, inspiration, and technology for future generations and the upliftment of humanity.
Many of the people have been inspired by Yogi Bhajan’s wisdom, knowledge, and teachings are sharing the technology of peace, strength, and awareness to the whole planet. His knowledge and his teachings are reaching out through Kundalini Yoga Teachers, through businesses, and through Sikh Dharma.
About the founder Olga Bekerman
My name is Olga Bekerman and I am the founder of Tiaga Simran Academy of Kundalini Yoga for kids and adults in the North West.
My Yoga certifications:
* 350 hours Kundalini Instructor (Kundalini Recearch Institute)
* KUTA ( the national Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association)
* RCY level 1-3 (Radiant Child Yoga, which follows Montessori philosophy) certified.
* Radiant Child Yoga for the Special Child (for children with Down’s syndrome, CP, ADD and ADHD)
* Individual and group training, meditation, dynamic breathing techniques, curative mantra chanting and general yoga exercises. I am passionate about giving the Gift of Yoga to children. Yoga keeps children happy, healthy. I teach across UK and Europe. I am three-lingual in Russian, Polish and partially fluent in Romanian. I work with children and adults of all ages and abilities. I also work with high school children, nurseries and leisure centers. I am currently based in Manchester, UK.
What happens in a Kundalini Yoga class?
We begin by “tuning in” with a short mantra then we start some warm up exercises and follow this with a Kriya – a Yoga set of exercises for a specific purpose. This includes stretching postures, movement exercises, breathing exercises and chanting mantras. Mantras may seem strange at first but they are Yoga for the mind, they set up sound vibrations in the body and change mental states. Finally we finish with relaxation and/or meditation.
The information presented is intended for general knowledge and not as medical advice.
Wear loose comfortable clothing, bring water to drink and avoid eating a meal for about 2 hours before the class – plan to eat your main meal either after the class or earlier in the day. Light, energy giving snacks before class are perfectly fine.